Sunday, November 3, 2013

I did it!

I learned a lot.

I completed the Longhorn Tri 70.3 miles in 7 hours and 15 minutes.

I trained on the bike, but swam sporadically, and ran next to never.  No bricks.

Imagine what I can do if I really hit it hard, and watch what I eat and not gain 20 pounds during the "training".  I can move mountains.

My old roomie from college, Catherine, came down from St. Louis, and since we are both 41 we had the chance to race together.  Sheila did really well, and I saw her on the run once or twice.

In keeping with tradition, I sent Catherine a charm for her latest accomplishment.  She has sent me some for every big race, and my first triathlon.  A nice reminder of what we have accomplished.

The outlook is bright.  I will do another half in the spring.  I really want to be an Ironman, and not just a half ironman, so I think 2015 holds a full IM for me.  I have two friends on board, and we want to do a destination IM.  The world is our oyster!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! look forward to reading full report!
    nic at listoftriathlonblogs.com

    ReplyDelete