Thursday, August 15, 2013

Taking a Break....

I'm not going to my classroom this morning, or training.  I'm taking a much needed break and getting my hair done.  I need to cover all this gray, so my students won't know how really old I am!  I'm even printing out pictures of my deep in mud, and jumping over fire so that they see how "cool" I am.  Okay, well as "cool" as a 40 year old teacher can be!

I'm horrible about taking care of myself, and usually focus all my attention on other people or my school, work, and training.  Truth be told, while I will enjoy getting the fro tamed, I will have a hard time sitting there that long doing nothing.  I'll have to bring my ipad and get some reading done.

Abs has an appointment this morning to have her hearing checked out.  She constantly has to pop her ears (like when you fly), and unless she is looking at you, she can't hear you.  I'm hoping it is just selective hearing, but with Abs, nothing is that straight forward or easy.

Em is off at driving school, and that leaves Junior.  He gets to spend the morning with my Baylor roomie, and her two kids.  It's nice having a friend here that I have known for 20+ years, and can count on for anything day or night.

I was all set to go swimming this morning, with Sheila, at the crack of dawn, but being the genius that I am, I set all three alarms for pm.  Ugh.  Story of my life!  I even went to bed early!  I've got crossfit at 5:30, and it's a partner "filthy fifty".  One of my favorite workouts, and it has to be easier with a partner, right?!?!?!?

I need to get my bike ride in too.  I better check the weather.  Gunner and I were going to go riding yesterday, but by the time I got home from my classroom, it was pouring down rain.  By the time it finally stopped raining, it was time to feed the kiddos dinner, and then I headed off to crossfit.

So now I will have to fit it in before crossfit, or after crossfit, and get Sheila's bike back to her.

Three more days of summer vacation, and then my summer is over.  Time to make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment