Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Barely above water....

Not only do I take on everything fitness related, but now all of my school stuff is coming due, and I am trying to balance it all.

I had to skip my swim workout this morning, because I spent half the night preparing for a professional development I had to give today on reading comprehension.  When all that was over, I had to meet with my professor to iron out the details for my thesis proposal.

Ran to crossfit, and then spent the rest of the night doing thesis stuff.  Tomorrow morning I am running.  I have to.  Then I have to work on thesis stuff as I am presenting to my committee that afternoon.  I also have to study for my Master Reading Teacher test, prepare a HUGE project where I am creating a new math and science reading comprehension curriculum, and do the plethora of paperwork in order to make sure my proposal gets approved and I can start planning it.

Sunday Sheila and I met to do our early morning swim.  The pool was closed.  We did what any two crazy people do, and joined Gold's Gym for 7 days.  We hit the pool that morning, and then yesterday we did the hot yoga class.  I have only been to yoga a few times, and while I have always sucked at it, I was shocked how I did that night.  I was strong.  I managed all the poses, but a few times I couldn't master the advanced moves.  I.have.no.balance.  I sweated like a pig, and my clothing was drenched enough I could wring it out.  I now know the value of a yoga towel.

We couldn't just be satisfied with hot yoga, so we hit the exercise bikes afterwards.  We rode an hour, and our distance and avg mph was not great.  I am convinced it was because of the bikes.  On the road, I know we are faster.  We will be hitting the roads on Sunday, and getting in a 40 mile bike ride.  Then we will really know where we stand and whether or not our time on the trainer equates to what we ride on the road.  I'm actually pretty excited about it.  Weird, I know.

I really need to work on cleaning up my eating.  That's next on the list!

1 comment:

  1. Eating is my kryptonite. i have been meeting with a nutritionist on/off which has helped some tummy issues i have.. but, i only wish she could come home with me and cook for me :)

    ReplyDelete