Monday, July 1, 2013

Training Day 1

I'm working on my Master Reading Teacher certification this summer, and my thesis, but I actually have this week off, so I am trying to do it all and spend time lounging by the pool and hanging with my three favorite sidekicks aka the kiddos.

On the plan for Monday is to bike 20 miles.  This isn't always easy to coordinate, so I'm setting up my trainer, and aiming for an hour and a half on the trainer.

Trainers are pretty boring, but if you are a mom, you don't always have the freedom to take off and ride at a more convenient time, and there's no way I'm biking at night, so trainer it is.

I thought about going to crossfit tonight, but I did just do a triathlon yesterday, so maybe I can take a day off from that.  I'm trying to get over the guilt of missing crossfit.  When you go consistently for years, to take it away is like cutting off my arm.  I'm sure I have plenty of homework to do to pass the time.

My eating is a huge problem.  Gigantic.  In my family, we love to eat, and we all plan our trips around where we are going to ear.  The plan is:

Breakfast--2 farm fresh eggs from the outlaws (their chickens are better fed than any other chickens on earth), and veggies from the farmer's market
Lunch--meatloaf muffin and veggies from the farmer's market
Dinner--chicken and veggies

Of course healthy snacks of veggies and a little fruit in between meals.  No more diet cokes (my weakness), or monsters (which don't keep me awake anyway, and are probably pickling my liver), and a glass of red wine once a week if I want it (solely for me to have a healthy heart, right?).

One of my coaches is a gold medalist in powerlifting, so I am meeting with her and my training partner on Wednesday to knock out a good meal plan for us.  Hello size 6, I hope you are in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment