Sunday, July 7, 2013

Ode to my bike trainer....

Ode to bike trainer
O bike trainer, I do appreciate thee.
Always helping to tire me.
I always go to you when I need
to ride.
I trust you to toughen me,
Always sticking by my side.
I will always appreciate thee.
O bike trainer, I do appreciate thee.
I can depend on you for
making me sweat.
Thank you for ripping my back tire to shreds.
You rescue me from boredom.
Thank you bike trainer I do appreciate
thee.
~By FIT

Yes, I should be studying, or working on my thesis proposal, but after 2 hours and 15 minutes on that thing, I felt like it deserved an ode.

Got up this morning way before I had to, and hit the pool.  This time we brought along our crossfit coaches, who were going to do the half with us, but have opted after the swim, to check that off their bucket list at a later date.  I can understand that!  The swim is the most intimidating part for most people.

After a quick 1300 meter swim, working on distance, I hit the books for an hour.

I once bought one of those garmin attachments that went on the bike so you could see how far you were going while you were on the trainer.  I never was able to get it to work, so I just have to guesstimate on the length of time it takes me to ride the amount in the training plan.  Today was supposed to be 30 miles.  All I know is that when I finished, my cute little lululemon shirt was soaked, along with the rest of me.  I hung it up on the side of the tub and it was dripping sweat.  Gross!!!

It's also the reason I was on the trainer instead of outside in 100 degree heat trying to get in the mileage.    I ran last night at 8 pm, and I was drenched in sweat before I had even done a mile.  I managed 3.52 miles before I had to run home and get some water, and that a/c felt so good........I never made it back out.  Training fail.  The heat of Texas might do me in!

Something I did learn today is that the trainer wears down the back tire.  Thank goodness for google.  How did I ever survive without it?

My lunch of eggplant, chicken, and brussel sprouts has been served, with a black bean and greek yogurt puree.  We watch too much chopped in this house.  Tomorrow I am back in class, tutoring a student, and have a swim, bike, and hopefully crossfit to work into the mix.  Happy training!



No comments:

Post a Comment